Presented by KC Henna Supply

Presented by KC Henna Supply

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Make it easier... Cone holders.

This month we are focusing on organization. Organization makes life easier, so I thought I would share a couple of things that also make life easier for us Henna peeps.

The number one gadget I can not live without are my cone holders.

What is a cone holder? Much like the need for tacos that do not fall over when you stuff them, henna cones can not stand up as you fill them, cone holders keep your cones upright.

The perfect cone holders I have found are ice cube trays for water bottles. They are white plastic trays, with a blue silicone lid on the bottom. They were designed to freeze water into cylinders so they can be slid into water bottles.

I found my first set at Bed Bath Beyond for either $4.99 or $7.99, my second set was at Goodwill for .99.

They are the perfect size and shape for holding cones so I can fill a batch without having to put down my carrot bag of henna.
The trays are deep enough the tips do not get bend and they to not fall over when you put henna in the cones ( like cups can.)

I also freeze my cones in the holder. Since they freeze vertical less air gets trapped in the tip of the cone. ( trapped air can cause the consistency of the henna to change.)

After the cones are frozen solid I transfer them to zip-lock bags.

If you can not find ice cube trays, you can make a cone holder from recycled tubes, like script bottles and my favorite, M&M Mini's candy tubes. ( the shorter tubes work best.) Simply tape the tubes together and off you go.

I have a set of pill bottle tubes that I made to fit my scale so I can measure and fill 6 cones at a time. Easy peasy!

It's the little simple things that make getting organized easier and you do not get much simpler than this tip.

~

Wednesday we should have another professional organization post from Michelle and we will have another craft sometime this week for something warm and snugly.

Next week we will start tutorials for card making. ( and oh, what beautiful things do we have in store!)

:)

Tah tah for now.



1 comment:

  1. I have gone to your blog. I would like & I became so happy. If you feel free, you visit on: http://www.hennakart.com/

    ReplyDelete